Wednesday, September 06, 2006

DesNews -- A Refreshing Approach to the Office of Salt Lake Mayor

With all of my ranting about Mayor Andersen, I thought I would give those who question what I stand for an idea of what kind of mayor I would support. DesNews has an article about Jenny Wilson, former Salt Lake mayor's daughter, who has thrown her hat into the ring for mayor. I found a couple of her comments refreshing:

"We need a mayor that is willing to work with all sides, I think that we're at a time in the city's history where establishing relationships is absolutely key. Frankly, that's a different leadership approach than our current mayor." "I won't be organizing rallies for any national cause, I have a greater interest in spending my time on the business of running the city."

Wow, a mayor focused on the affairs of the city, that sounds like a great idea.

No comments: